Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Toolkit
As part of Eat Well Age Well, we want to encourage voluntary organisations, community groups, carers and individuals working with older people to make every contact count and start raising the issue of malnutrition.
Our toolkit aims to support you with practical tools to do this.
The arm band tool is quick and easy to use and will help you identify people at risk and our leaflets provide accessible and clear guidance on how to support weight gain.
Each Toolkit will include:
- 20 x Armbands.
- 20 x Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Key Question cards.
- 1 x Armband data collection sheet.
- 20 x Eat Well Age Well 'Understanding malnutrition and what you can do' leaflet: providing guidance on food first approach to address malnutrition.
- 1 x Age Scotland booklet 'Eat Well, A guide for older people in Scotland': reference copy to be used with all older adults providing information on eating well in later life.
- 1 x Malnutrition Factsheet.
- 1 x Contact sheet for national services supporting older people.