Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Toolkit
As part of Eat Well Age Well, we want to encourage voluntary organisations, community groups, carers and individuals working with older people to make every contact count and start raising the issue of malnutrition.
Our toolkit aims to support you with practical tools to do this.
The Armband Tool and the Patients Association Nutrition Checklist are quick and easy to use. They will help you to identify people at risk and our leaflets provide accessible and clear guidance on how to support weight gain.
Each Toolkit will include:
- A supply of armbands.
- 2 x Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Key Question cards.
- 1 x Patients Association Nutrition Checklist.
- 1 x Data Collection Post Card.
- A supply of Eat Well Age Well Understanding Malnutrition and What You Can Do leaflets: providing guidance on a food first approach to address malnutrition.
- 1 x Age Scotland booklet Eat Well, A Guide for Older People in Scotland: reference copy, to be used with all older adults providing information on eating well in later life.
- A Toolkit Guidance Booklet.
- 1 x Contact Sheet for National Services Supporting Older People.
Please click here to order a free Raising the Issue of Malnutrition toolkit or call 0131 447 8151 if you have any queries.