Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Toolkit
We want to encourage voluntary organisations, community groups, carers and individuals working with older people to start raising the issue of malnutrition.
Currently there is no routine screening for malnutrition (as under-nutrition) in the community, therefore it is vital to make every contact count and collect screening data to build a true picture of the problem.
Our toolkit supports you with practical tools to do this.
Each Toolkit includes:
- A Toolkit Guidance Booklet.
- 1 x booklet Staying Well & Nourished in Later Life
- 1 x Patients Association Nutrition Checklist.
- 1 x Age Scotland booklet Eat Well, A Guide for Older People in Scotland
- 1 x Contact Sheet for National Services Supporting Older People.
- Link to our online Screening Data Form.
We're going digital! All our toolkits will be moving to digital only copies soon. We still have a limited supply of hard copy toolkits and they are available on a first come first served basis. Please click below to order a free Raising the Issue of Malnutrition toolkit
or call 0131 447 8151 if you have any queries.
Our Care at Home: Malnutrition Screening Pack is also available and is tailored for carers and care organisations.