Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Toolkit
We want to encourage voluntary organisations, community groups, carers and individuals working with older people to start raising the issue of malnutrition. Our toolkit aims to support you with practical tools to do this.
Currently there is no routine screening for malnutrition (as under-nutrition) in the community, therefore it is vital to make every contact count and collect screening data to better understand the true extent of the problem.
Our toolkit aims to support you with practical tools to do this.
The Paperweight Armband Tool and the Patients Association Nutrition Check list are quick and easy to use. They will help you to identify people at risk of becoming under-weight and under-nourished, and our leaflets provide accessible and clear guidance on how to support those at risk.
Each Toolkit will include:
- A Toolkit Guidance Booklet.
- A supply of armbands.
- 2 x Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Key Question cards.
- 1 x Patients Association Nutrition Checklist.
- 1 x Data Collection Post Card.
- A supply of leaflets Understanding Malnutrition and What You Can Do
- 1 x Age Scotland booklet Eat Well, A Guide for Older People in Scotland
- 1 x Contact Sheet for National Services Supporting Older People.
- Link to our online Screening Data Form.
Please click below to order a free Raising the Issue of Malnutrition toolkit
or call 0131 447 8151 if you have any queries.